Friday, July 18, 2008

Life Is Hard

This first blog is difficult for me to write because I'm not exactly sure how to get started. I am not eloquent, I am not a writer, I am not an expert. I am a woman who struggles with life's many problems. I am a woman who desires more than anything to depend on my Heavenly Father in good and bad times. I am not sure if this blog will get out to others- I am not sending the link to my family and friends. I am just going to write it and then place it in God's hands. I yield to God's will and pray for Him to "do His thing."

Sometimes, life has it's "inconveniences" that hardly even get our attention. Other times we are being hit hard from every direction; the waves are so overwhelming that all we can do is cling to the cross with all our strength. The waves come crashing around us in the form of temptation, sin, illness, fatigue, infertility, death, and despair (just to name a few). We must cling to Christ and look to God to keep us safe within the throws of the storm. But we must look up!

Personally, I have been affected by all the listed "storms." In fact, I am currently completely overwhelmed. I feel as if I am barely able to keep my head above water, and every time I come up for a breath, I get dunked underwater again.

I have noticed that the one thing that never fails to lift my spirits is every moment I spend with God. So, I have just decided to start a new Beth Moore study (my favorite!) I've chosen "Stepping Up," which is a study about the "Psalms of Ascent." If I need anything right now, it is ascent!!

I will share more of my story as I go along. Please feel free to share your story as well.

No comments: